T for Tacos with a Tag
One Of The fascinating aspects of food blogging is trying out unexpected and same turning out much above your expectations. Personal Tadka is really helping me expand my culinary knowledge and learn about the whole host of cuisines not only from our country but from all over the world.
I put my thinking hat and come out with something which is not at all authentic Mexican Cuisine but a total fusion yet totally delicious : Tacos. =P~
As Divya mentioned I have used Kidney Beans – Rajma Masala as the main filler for the Tacos. About the other fillers:
- Salsa – even it was totally Indian version of Mexican Koshimbir :P
- Sour Cream – I used Mayonnaise :)
- Loads of Cheese :D
Rajma Tacos – Kidney Beans Vegetarian Tacos
I prepared Rajma Masala as we normally prepare the Punjabi curry masala (Cholle Masala).
You Need :
- Kidney Beans (Rajma) 1 cup: soaked Overnight
- Onion: 1 qty – finely chopped or grinded
- Tomato: 1-2 – finely chopped or grinded
- Ginger, Garlic and Green chili Paste: 2-3 tbsp
- Oil, Mustard and Cumin Seeds: tempering
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Red Chili powder: ½ tsp
- Coriander powder: ½ tsp
- Garam Masla: ½ tsp
- Chole Masala: ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat Oil in Pressure cooker – then add the tempering stuffs – let them splutter.
- Add Onion along with ginger, garlic and green chili paste.
- Once the onion turns light pink add the tomatoes.
- Add all masalas along with salt – when the oil starts drifting apart mix the soaked beans.
- Mix well, and then add the water to it till it completely covers the mixture.
- Close the pressure cooker till the Rajma is cooked properly.
- When done, hit the curry with open lid to evaporate the extra water : As we need dry masala dish for the Taco filler.
This completes the Rajma Masala – This is a very common side dish – especially very famous in north with steamed rice.
Vokay, while the Rajma is cooked we can prepare this Salsa simultaneously. This can be changed as is the requirement by adding green tomatoes or red onions or Salad Leaves. I prepared a normal basic salsa.
- Green Chilies: 2-3 finely slices
- Tomatoes: 1-2 Chopped
- Onion: 1 Chopped
- Vinegar: 1-2tsp
- Olive Oil: 1-2tsp
- Chat Masala: I used MDH Chunky Chat Masala
- Salt to taste
- Heat Oil in Open Pan, Mix green chilies – as they sputter mix the onion
- Once Onion seems pink in color add tomatoes
- Once the tomatoes seem to lose its tenderness mix the vinegar,masala and salt.
- Remove when done – keep the consistency as required.
Now is the best part, filling the Taco shells, this is all about how you want the Tacos to turn out – mine were spicy and full of mayonnaise and cheese :D
- Corn Taco shells
- Rajma Masala
- Cheese: Grated
- Heat up the Taco shells as mentioned behind the box.
- Now be creative and layer it as you wish :D – I layered as Rajma first then mayonnaise and later salsa.
- The last layer and garnish of grated Cheese
It tasted exaggeratedly delicious - I was overwhelmed with the results. We started out with two tacos each and landed eating till the Rajma Masala was over. Taco shells still there so will repeat the exercise over the next weekend – am loving it !! :x
Tag with a One More Award
Its not only Diwali month but my Birthday month too, So I’m used to get showered with Gifts and now thanks to my awesome foodie buddies I’ve been showered with one more Award.
This award goes with a fun meme which has to be passed on to 6 of your favorite blogs and which has to be answered with only one word (I tried with one word but as usual changed the rules for ME to answer the questions in minimum words :D)
1. Where is your cell phone? Centre-Table
2. Your hair? Best
3. Your mother? Bestest
4. Your father? Caring
5. Your favorite food? Pav-bhaji
6. Your dream last night? None
7. Your favorite drink? Virgin Pina Colada
8. Your dream/goal? To own my own Island
9. What room are you in? Living-Room
10. Your hobby? Blogging(currently)
11. Your fear? Height+Speed(sath main)
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? On my Island
13. Where were you last night? Eating Out
14. Something you aren’t? Hypocrite
15. Muffins? (Like) Occasionally
16. Wish list item? Own a Huge Plot in Parla (Mumbai)
17. Where did you grow up? Mumbai
18. Last thing you did? Edited my Taco post
19. What are you wearing? Capri and Tee
20. Your TV? Switched-ON
21. Your pets? None
22. Your friends? Sweet
23. Your life? The way I wanted
24. Your mood? Happy
25. Missing someone? Nopes
26. Vehicle? Yeah
27. Something you’re not wearing? Rings
28. Your favorite store? Macys
29. Your favorite color? White
30. When was the last time you laughed? Couple of hours back
31. Last time you cried? Couple of days back (while watching P.S. I Love you – Must watch for die hard romatic guys )
32. Your best friend? Sweetest
33. One place that I go over and over? Mumbai
34. One person who emails me regularly? My Testing Team
35. Favorite place to eat? Any Seafood Joint
Vokay, Now passing this lovely treat to more lovely buddies:
Wanted to change the rule even here by adding more friends but next time !
Happy Posting :)
Happy Diwali to ALL.. Njoy :)
Lots of Love… Kanchan !!