After my successful attempt @ preparing 50 Ladoos in one go, I still had loads 1/4 kg more of sesame seeds pack. So when MOM was visiting me then we planned to prepare the world famous Lonavala ishtyle tilachi Chikki.
Chikki is a Maharashtrian traditional sweet Candy snack, usually made with Jaggery as a base with addition of groundnut\ sesame\ bengal gram dal.
The overall procedure of preparing Chikki is quite similar to Sesame Ladoos, so if you are bored to moulding the mix into balls you can always go for Chikki.
You Need : Same as tilache Ladoo
- Roast the Sesame Seeds till they turn light golden and fluff a bit.
- Grind these along with Chana Dal and Peanuts into a course powder.
- Add Ghee in Non-stick Wok, follow with Jaggery. Melt the jaggery to dark Red colour, turns to thick liquid consistency.
- Add Course Powder to this. Cover and switch of the flame in 1 min.
- Spread this mix on a tray type plate, firstly coated with loads of Ghee, and let it cool. You can slide a knife to make pieces or designs the way you want, till the mix is semi hot.
- This will help you remove the pieces when cold. Once its cool, just reverse the plate and remove the pieces.
My chikki pieces were a bit thick, if you prefer you can spread it into thinner base. Have it as a snack or just gift it to friends as a lovely Candy snacks.