If over ripe Bananas are common in my regular breakfast they also make guest appearances in my Ish-Special Breakfast – Godd Sheera :) This is more commonly prepared as a Prasad on most of the religious functions. Mom used to prepare this on any small good occasion, but I had prepared this only couple of times earlier . This made a wonderful Rich Hot Delicious breakfast for such Chilling Morning.
- Semolina (Rava): 1 measure, I used Jadda- thick rava, normally thin one is used.
- Milk: 2 and half measure
- Ghee: 1/2 measure
- Over Ripe Banana: 1
- Sugar: 3/4 measure
- Dry fruits like Raisins, Cashews or Almonds: as per your taste
- Cardamom Powder: 2tsp
- Roast Rava over a hot kadai till it gives a distinct sweet aroma or turns golden.Remove it and keep aside.
- Heat Ghee, Add mashed banana. Stir till it becomes golden. Add dry fruits.
- Follow with Rava, Sugar and Cardamom powder, sauté to keep the consistency in the Mixture.
- Add Hot Boiled Milk carefully and steadily to this. Stir immediately so that no lumps are formed.
- Cook covered for about Five Minutes.
Serve HOT on a COLD Morning like today :D