Part Two /:) … it’s not a series going on here, just that I prepared couple of dishes using up few of stale slices of
expensiveMultigrain Bread which was lying in my refrigerator for a more than a week. And I posted one here followed by Part Two now:P
I had bookmarked Nupur’s soup which used up the stale bread ,on similar lines I prepared this Tomato Bread Soup. Using up stale bread is different from the bread crumbs,as the first one gives the thickness to the soup while the other one crunchiness.
The Foodie had been suffering from cold n cough for quite a long time, so this was a good reason for me to try out this soup (so what if it had “stale” bread..its a secret between US.. let him realize it when he reads this.. if he would :P)
- Stale Bread: 2 slices– Cubed
- Tomato: 2 - Pureed
- Onion\green onion: 1-2 small - grinded
- Garlic cloves: 2 - grinded
- Spring Onion: 2 stalks - shredded
- Chilli flakes: 2-3 tsp – I used Pizza deliverable – 2 sachets.
- Oregano: 2-3 tsp – I used Pizza deliverable – 2 sachets.
- Cheese: grated – as per taste
- Water \Vegetable Stock: 1 – as per the liquidly you need – I used ½ cup drinking water
- Salt and Pepper: to taste
- Butter: to sauté
- Sauté Paste of Onion + garlic in the butter, till it softens and loses its raw smell.
- Add Chilli flakes + Oregano, follow with tomato Puree and vegetable stock\water.
- Let it simmer for couple of minutes. Add spring onion + salt+ pepper.
- When the soup is done add the bread slice cubes.
Monsoon Evening and a hot soup…what else would we need :D