Phobia leads to Seeds Chutney
Wiki explains Phobia as -- A phobia (from the Greek: φόβος, phóbos, meaning "fear" or "morbid fear") are groups of anxiety disorders characterized by intense and persistent fear of certain situations, activities, things, animals, or people.
So I conclude I have Food-Waste-Phobia (only if that was the word) /:) yeah, I fear to waste
food anything that is edible. I get cranky and act weird if I had to forcibly squander anything but I do prefer using them in one way or other.
Remember my Shiralachya Salichi chutney - Ridge gourd edges Chutney, yes there are many such dips we can prepare with remains of our main vegetable. One of such is this – Padvalchya beeanchi chutney – Chutney with Snake gourd Seeds. Frankly these give a very different taste to our regular green chutneys.
Snake Gourd Seeds Chutney
- Snake Gourd seeds: about 15
- Green Chillies: 2-3 (increase for the spiciness)
- Sesame Seeds: 2-3 tbsp – to temper
- Tamarind pulp: about 1 tsp
- Jaggery pulp: about 1 tsp
- Mint Leaves: about 5 (optional)
- Oil for tempering
- Salt to taste
- Temper the “to temper” seeds in oil (take care while tempering sesame seeds- they tend to fly off – cover immediately)then follow other ingredients one by one except the pulp.
- Roast them till they turn light brown.
- When done, let it stand for some time to cool – add the pulp.
- Grind the mix in a mixer - add water in accordance with the consistency required.