When I posted my Peas Parathas I had made a resolution of trying out the odd 44 varieties present in Wiki. Till now I’ve posted only couple of them and both belonging to Stuffed Paratha Family. This one belongs to other family where the veggie is mixed with the flour and then kneaded. The following gives about Seven Parathas.
- Cabbage: Grated Finely
- Wheat Flour: To Knead + To Dust à Proportion with cabbage should be 1:2, e.g.: for 1 cup of cabbage 2 cups of flour.
- Ginger: 2 tsp - Grated finely
- Carom seeds: 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds: 1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder: 1tbsp
- Green chilies: 2-3 in number – Finely minced
- Curd: 1 tbsp
- Oil or Ghee: Applying while shallow frying
- Water to knead the dough – if required
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients except water and ghee in a Wide Open Bowl or Parat. Cabbage gives out water when mixed with salt so use water only if required. Knead to thick dough.
- Make big size Chapatis balls; roll out to make a circular roti form. It should not be too thick as cabbage won’t get cooked on pan neither it should be too thin as it will become Papad :P
- Roast – shallow Fry on the Pan; apply ghee or oil in intervals.
Thanks to Cabbage’s medicinal value; the Paratha goes to Yasmeen’s Cruciferous Challenge .