Peas Parathas

Paratha was not very common @ my place - Rice was quite dominant with regular Phulkas or Chapattis. Mom used to prepare Methi parathas and Aloo parathas for those special occasions. Marrying a North Indian opens up mammoth varieties of roti/paratha/flatbread family(Anything north of Mumbai is North India for Mumbaikars) :P .I was so naive to this family that The Foodie literally demonstrated me how to prepare the normal parathas (the thicker and triangular version of ghadichi chapati).:-B

From then, along with Mom’s varieties of parathas, I have tried and tasted many more of its types.

Log on to wiki here , and yeah can you believe we have got more than 44 odd varieties of parathas here. Yeah it is gonna be one of my resolution of trying out most of these parathas, lets see ;;)IMG_2171

Main intention of getting into Nupur’s Marathon was to clear out my drafts, so this is one of my long time lying draft – Peas Paratha as my Recipe #6. Do check out the Day 4.

You Need:

  • Kneaded Chapati Dough: in accordance with the required number of parathas
  • Potatoes: 1-2 boiled peeled and smashed
  • Green Peas: 1-2 cups boiled and smashed
  • Onion: ¼ of one qty – finely chopped (just to add the crunchiness)
  • Ginger: 1/4 inch grated
  • Green Chillies: 1-2 finely chopped
  • Turmeric Powder: ½ tsp
  • Red Chilli Powder: ½ tsp
  • Amchur Powder: ½ tsp
  • Jeera: 1tsp
  • Fennel Seeds (sauf): 1-2 tsp
  • Ghee/Butter: for shallow frying
  • Salt to taste

You Do:

  1. Heat about 1/2 tsp of oil/ghee in a kadai, Add cumin seeds, when done with spluttering add onion and saute it for couple of mins.
  2. Mix all the stuffing ingredients mentioned in BLUE well and saute for couple of mins.
  3. Cool the above stuffing mix till room temperature and then knead smooth dough out it.
  4. Then follow the process of stuffing parathas and shallow fry with ghee/butter.

Aloo Paratha

This is the one that I had clicked for Aloo Paratha – the process is same as above.

Done !! Trust me I love these various stuffed parathas, they go well with curd or bundi raita and pickle. It’s a total filling one dish meal.

IMG_2172

Comments

  1. Lovely paratha's...Paratha's are favorite at my place...there are 100's of varieties which we wont get bored of anytime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even i had done simple version of pea paratha long back,ur recipe is very nice using potatoes also...looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all types of stuffed parathas...Peas and potato sounds great, and the parathas came out perfect for you Kanchan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you forget putting dollops of butter on the paratha after it is done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good lunch box option.It has veggies and carb.Great step by step photos(two in one) of aloo paratha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you reminded me of peas kochuri. these are abosolute favourite of mine. send me some plz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peas and potato is a great combo for paratha stuffing. Yummyyyyy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done, simply the best..I loe this

    ReplyDelete
  10. pass me some here please will you ;)..I love these and looking at the step by step presentation I felt the next step would be a nice hot paratha in my plate.too good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Kanchan
    I like this stuffing of Potato/ peas and the spices you have used, specially fennel and onion.It is very new to me.
    I make a very simple vege ( no onion version)one..Peas stir fried in a jeera, ginger , green chili seasoning, followed by course mashing with a bit of powdered roasted jeera and red chili.
    I am going to make your version as it is the fresh peas season..
    Visited your G 's place, she has left an excellent comment at my non-food blog...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this one is staple at our ohome during winters,.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love peas parathas! And your lovely pictures and instructions seem to have miraculously made them seem do-able. God help my kitchen though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks inviting.Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous New Year dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi kanchan,wish you and your family a very happy & a prosperous new year filled with lots of love ,peace & happiness always

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! peas parathas .. I am there, Kanchan! I just love them hot from the griddle, when I can hardly break into them, and barely eat them either ... but that's the way to have them :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Pratibha,
    100s :D wow ! I have planned to prepare atleast one new type of paratha every month :)

    @sushma,
    Thanks, potatoes make the stuffing thick !

    @Gulmohar,
    Thanks!

    @G,
    Thats an integral part of my every recipe :)

    @susvad,
    :D Thanks

    @Sayantani,
    Wow Peas Kachori !! those are totally tempting ones, havent tried them yet !

    @chakhlere,
    @munchcrunchandsuch,
    @tina,
    Thnku :)

    @Deepa,
    He he he , hope that would have been case always, reading so many food blogs would have filled up my apetite always :)

    @UShnish,
    Thanks for sharing your version, will try those too 1
    G... yeah she is my sweetheart :)

    @notyet100,
    :) This one atleast till now was one prepared only for special occassions.

    @Mathangi,
    Thanks 1

    @my kitchen,
    @sushma,
    Wish you the same !

    @Sheetal,
    Totally agreed, Its like asap it comes out of hot Tava, by the time second is done, first one over and out :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all stuffed parata this looks great dear

    ReplyDelete

  19. good blog ! looks for delicious. delicious Peas Parathas , i love healty food. thankyou for shearing this information with us!Online Food Delivery

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)