Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup with Bookmarked Rice
Confusion still ON : Few of my blogger friends suggested Personal Tadka over Kitchen Gossip as my header name. And since I can't make up my mind about which header is better, I'll go by popular choice.So now you take your pick on which one you prefer and help this confused soul.
Added the Poll on my sidebar, so do vote and let me know.
Gossip .. I love to do ! And I know NOSEY people around ME, love it more than I do. They DARED to TALK about ME, GOSSIP about ME and worst ASK ME : “Put on weight….hmmmmm!!”
“ HOW RUDE !!! “ X(
No No No .. Me not turning to Soups and Salads cos of this ! Soups were missing on Personal Tadka, hence got its totally deserving space here :) And with this I take a toast of dollop of butter on my soup for all the people observing my waistline !! :>
Sweet corn is one of the most common soup Mom prepares at home, tried to recreate the same and also sending this to Monthly Mingle: The Soup Edition (I avoided the mentioned optional eggs in my version for this entry). Following gives four servings.
- Vegetables of your choice: I used Tomato, Cauliflower, Carrot – finely chopped as usual I prefer Food processor as I love the small bits is soup – about one cup
- Sweet Corn Cream: half a can
- Water or Vegetable Stock: About 3 cups
- Egg: 1 Optional
- Ajinomoto: pinch
- Cornstarch/ corn flour: 1-2 tsp optional
- Salt to taste
- Chinese Sauces: as per your taste
- Mix ingredients in blue and bring to boil.
- Add Ajinomoto and salt to it. Mix cornstarch in 2 tsp of water and mix with the boiling soup.
- Mix Chinese sauces or your choices in accordance with you taste.
- This comples the vegan version of soup. Mom used to mix the egg (beat it vigorously) and mix at the end – This is done just couple of minutes before you turn off the flame.
can you see the vapors – it was thoroughly hot !!
Rice Varieties – Bookmarks :
I loved the Rohini’s version of TnT in her posts. So I thought as it is I do most of cooking with help of my dear blogger friends, even I would try to post about them on and when I try their versions.
There are few blogs you love to follow and read regularly, and hence we find lovely blogger friends there. While there are other blogs which you might not follow or read regularly but you do back on these for some important recipes. Meera’s Enjoy Indian Food is one of these blogs. It is a live cookbook, where you find all types of recipes from all over the country and these get updated nearly daily. Thank you Meera, you do inspire us a lot ! >:D<
So when SriLekha mentioned about her “EFM – Rice Varieties” , I planned to try out Meera’s couple of Rice Varieties. I tried and tasted following, please ignore my clicks as these were our weekday dinners so light as usual was not suffice:
Verdict: Totally agreed, All my veggie friends who have never tasted prawns rice – this is how it tastes … yummmy !!! :x
I had brought the typcial Aloo Dum Potatoes so thought of trying this out in this rice variety. I did not have Gujrathi garam masala, so I used Everest Biryani Masala instead. And I used ghee instead of oil and prepared it in a saucepan.
Verdict: One of the most simple Pulav style rice, this has turned one of the regular rice on weekday nights as the vegetables required are minimal and yet got its own taste. :)
Happy Cooking and Posting about it !!