I always prefer any dish with bread in it and also I'm in love with the Dosa Family. So I had bookmarked this- Bread Dosa Recipe.
But I did quite different than this, it turned out very well infact very much like Ghavan (in Marathi – it’s a small dosa, Mom prepares with mixture of Rice flour and Rava).
- White Bread Slices – 6-7 – soaked in water (I did not throw the edges as mentioned by SK – can't bear wastage of food for tiny tiny taste changes ;))
- Onion: One small size
- Green chili: 1-2
- Rice Flour: 1-2 tbsp
- Rava/Sooji: 1 cup
- Ginger: ½ inch
- Chilli flakes: 1-2 tbsp
- Yogurt: 2-3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil: to shallow fry
- Mix green chilies, ginger and onion and chop it finely or nearly grind it. (I used food processor)
- Squeeze out excess water from the soaked bread, then mix it with rice flour and rava with whisked yogurt – blend it with the above mixture.
- Mix water and adjust the consistency as to make it like a dosa batter. I just wanted to make spicy so used chili flakes too. Also used coriander leaves just make it look better.
- It doesn’t get circled as smoothly as normal dosa batter, have to put it similar to rava dosa or ghavan. Use appropriate oil to shallow fry.
- Cook from both the sides till it turns brown.
Differences with the original:
- As I wanted to prepare this very quick dish so I mixed the chopped onion-ginger-green chilies with the batter, while SK suggested to sauté it then mix it.
- Hence also avoided the tempering stuffs.