Blind Folded Eggs

Give me two options – A or B , I will say A B A B A B ..A..B it might go on for a while. Yups, I’m a bit indecisive girl 8-|

IMG_0322

Especially about small things like – what I’ll wear for function or what I want for breakfast, if I have two options like either half fry or half poached Eggs – I go for Blindfolded Eggs. ;;)

IMG_0324

This dish is best of both of both dishes. Half fried from bottom and poached at the top.

IMG_0318

  1. Heat some butter on half fry pan, split an egg for half fry.
  2. Drop couple of ice cubes around it and cover it.
  3. While doing so, add salt and pepper.Hence the Half fry is steamed from top.

blog11

The white of egg covers the yolk and hence blinds it to christen it as – Blind Folded Eggs. 

IMG_0323

Have it with toast or JLT. You can also use this as a topping over spaghetti or American choupsey.

IMG_0332

Happy Cooking and Posting about it :)

Comments

  1. Hey..the title itself is as interesting as the process of making it.
    Never heard of it ever...I will surely try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and the name suits the dish :) do try it.

      Delete
  2. awesome trcik Kanchan. never fried egg like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great way to have eggs- I have done it this way with just a TBSP or two of water added in around the egg and then covered. Never tried it with ice cubes. Yours looks perfect. My son like poached eggs and this is much easier to get a similar result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i think even a bit of water would do the trick of blinding it ... will try it next time.

      Delete
  4. Wow excellent dish, thanks for sharing this ice cube tips..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea,Kanchan..I just posted an omelette recipe,do check that out..
    You have a wonderful space and happy to follow your space..:D
    Thanx a lot for dropping by my space n letting me know your space..Hope u'll drop back and join my culinary space as well..
    ONGOING EVENT- "Mint & Coriander seeds" (EP Series-Apr)
    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, This ones really innovative :) need to try ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kanchan, this is such an interesting post. Have never of heard of this method. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative I say :) Looks cute actually :) and like the name too

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesum luking egg..loved the pics...nice one n easy to make..
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  10. a lovely technique! An answer to all my thoughts about how not to have runny yolks without turning the egg! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!really nice way of doing the eggs......really cute name!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very interesting technique. I usually just cover them with a lid to make the steam cook eggs from top. I am so going to do this and a naughty name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that
    was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long
    comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm
    not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to
    say superb blog!

    Here is my site - View here

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really nice recipe thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)