I have planned to prepare soups regularly this year, just to add up some flavour to our regular dinner. And I started off with a very healthy beetroot soup.
Normally beet is not a favourite veggie, but I love its colour and hence use it in number of recipes. But the soup was something which required just the veggie except anything else. I was a bit apprehensive, but the outcome was quite delicious hence I clicked some last minute snaps and here it goes.
- Boil- Pressure Cook the beet.
- Once cooled, peel the thick skin.
- Then blend it through a blender or mixer.
- Boil this blended juice with some water, add to make the thickness in accordance with your taste.
- Add salt, black pepper and sugar as per taste.
- Heat a tadka pan, heat ghee, add cumin seeds. Once they splutter add this tadka over the beet juice.
- Mix and boil for couple of mins.
Happy Cooking and Posting about it