Deep Fried Snacks were not very common at my place. But due to The Foodie’s initial inclination towards Fried Stuffs, we tried numerous snacks in our post wedding days.
Few of those were too un-healthy to try out again, few never made a memory to re-cook but this dish had been in my Favourite List from the time I cooked it first.
Reason, quite simple – though deep fried, oil is not soaked in the cover hence not too unhealthy, too crispy and addictively tasty. Normally I prepare this dish whenever I have huge white loaf bread pending. This does finish off the bread with sinful memories.
- Boiled Potatoes : 1-2 Large - Mashed
- Onion : ½ finely chopped
- Green Chillies : 2-3 Large – finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves : handful – finely chopped
- Chat Masala : 1tbsp (optional)
- Cumin Powder : 1tbsp
- Salt and Pepper : to taste
- White Bread Slices <can be easily replaced with brown but crispiness will be less>
- Water in a bowl
- Oil to deep fry
- Mix everything from the Stuffing ingredients and make a soft dough type of mix.
- Now take couple of slices and deep it in water, remove in say couple of minutes. Take this slice in both of your palm and drain out all the water.
- Make small balls of the stuffing prepared in pt.1, put it in the centre of the slice prepared in pt.2. And cover the stuffing ball with the slice to make oval shaped balls.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, to deep fry these balls. Fry till they are light brown from all sides.
- Remove when done, and drench out extra oil, if any over a tissue.
Done ! Serve Hot with Ketchup. This is quite easy to prepare in large number, so can be good crispy starter for friends dropping by.
Happy Cooking and Posting about it :)