Paneer Vegetable Jalfrezi
Chicken Jalfrezi – had been one of my restaurant favourites, so after meeting The Foodie I obviously gave the vegetarian version a try. And the outcome seemed easy to prepare home. So when I had my family visiting me I gave this recipe a try. And all loved it and hence its here :)
Chopping and finely cutting the vegetables is one of the major task for this restaurant special dish. And I love chopping the veggies – a bit Chinese style. So overall if the veggies are cut, the whole process of preparing is quite simpler.
- Jalfrezi vegetables like : French beans + Carrots + Capsicum (Green +Red) + Onion : Chopped in a typical Chinese style : Say 2 cups
- Paneer : Sliced in long slender manner : 2 cups
- Tomatoes : 1 large finely chopped
- Tomato Ketchup : 2 tbsp
- Green chillies + Ginger + garlic paste [3g paste]: 3-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil : Enough for sautéing
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
Masalas all about 1-2 tsp :
- Coriander powder
- Red Chilli powder
- Cumin Powder
- Dry Mango powder : 1 tsp
- Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Tempering stuffs ½ tsp each
- Cumin seeds
- Black Onion seeds (Kalonji seeds : I had used these here)
- Methi seeds
- Heat Oil in a kadai, later all the tempering stuffs.
- Once the spluttering is done, follow with 3g paste, Onion and French beans.
- Follow with capsicum and carrots and later with tomatoes.
- Let it cook, Add all the dry masalas and sauté for couple of minutes. Add Salt.
- Follow with paneer and ketchup. Now cover and cook.
- Do not overcook as the vegetables and paneer should not get mushy.
- Once done, garnish with coriander leaves.
Done ! Serve with hot Rotis or Parathas. It’s a perfect restaurant style serving for your family.
Happy Cooking and Posting about it :)