Fresh Green Peas is truly a generic veggie, add it in your breakfast (Poha, Upma etc), spice up your lunch (add it with potatoes,paneer etc), keep it for your snacks (Patties, Samosas) or keep it light over the dinner (peas pulav, stuff it in a parathas).
So I prepared an all-purpose stuffing, which I used to prepare couple of tasty snacks. One of them was Pease Pattie, this is quite simple yet a party type delightful snack.
For stuffing :
- Boiled Potatoes : 2 large – mashed or grated
- Bread slices : couple of them
- Salt and Pepper : to taste
- Heat Oil in Kadai, Add garlic and green chillies.
- Once garlic turns golden, add onion. Sauté till it turns pink.
- Add green peas, red chilli powder and salt. Cook covered till peas turns soft (not mushy).
This completes the All-purpose peas stuffing. Now this can be used in a sandwich, Samosas or the patties as mentioned below.
- Mix salt, pepper with the mashed potatoes. You can add coriander leaves, if you want.
- Dip the slices in water, then drain out all the water from it, this makes the slices soft but not liquidly. Mix it with the mashed potatoes.
- Make small balls of the doughy potatoes, flatten them stuff the peas filling and cover it to make small patties.
- Shallow fry in a non-stick cookware; till light golden from both the sides.
Done – eliminate the oil if any by keeping it on tissue for couple of seconds.
Serve with Ketchup. Quite a sumptuous evening snack.
Happy Cooking and Posting about it :)
Sending this snack to multiple lovely events going around the food blogging world: