Accepted, I am around for couple of months … then vanish.. then back .. then vanish again …Currently trying to be back :P Life becomes too busy sometimes that you totally forget that you have a hobby or a blog page and then when you realise you start jotting down about something that you have in your picture folder for sometime. :)
Today it is Batata Vada, something that was never prepared @ home @ my place, we get this at every other galli in Mumbai. But when the climate drops below 6 degrees, and you don't plan to go out for some garama garam snack, you just Mash some boiled potatoes, add some masalas, ball it into gram flour and Fry. Yeah, so simple is the favourite snack of Mumbai.
- Boiled Potatoes : 2-3 Big ones
- Sliced Onion : 1 small
- Green Chillies : 4-5 small
- Ginger-garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves : finely chopped about 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli Powder : 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1tsp
- Cumin Powder or Seeds : 1 tbsp
- Gram Flour (Besan) : 1 measure
- Water to make paste : about 1 1/2 measure
- Salt to taste
- Oil to Deep Fry
- Mash everything in BLUE, add salt , some turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Make small balls of the mashed potatoes.
- Mix Besan and water to make a thick consistency paste. Add some turmeric and red chilli powder along with cumin seeds and salt. (1 measure means if you take 1 cup of besan add 1 and half proportion of water to make right consistency. But if your besan is thicker, add less water )
- Dip the small potato balls in thick paste and deep fry in oil till the cover turns light golden. (Fry for about couple of minutes of medium to small flame, do not make it high as vadas might turn dark brown)
When done, drip off all the oil with tissue. Serve Hot with Green Chutney or Ketchup.