I belong to a generation when all World famous culinary brands entered India – Mc Docnalds, Pizza Hut , Dominos etc. Those were the days when everything from these fast food centres seemed Impeccable.
One such starter from Pizza Hut - Mushroom Chilli, was one of our favourites. So one of my cousin had mentioned its try out recipe to Mom, and from then it’s been our common Mushroom Specialty dish. I love the aroma it gives out when its cooking, Garlicky Spicy Tinge. My Pappa dint love this fungi family, but this was an exception, so I feel if even if you don't prefer Mushrooms, you should like this.
- 15-20 – Fresh White Button Mushrooms
- Garlic – around 15 (The aroma, taste all depends on this, more the better but its personal choice)
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Dry Red Chillies – 7-8 (Recipe is on spicier end, so you can change this accordingly )
- Salt to taste
- Wash the mushroom, and slice it into quarters.
- Grind garlic, ginger and Red chillies to coarse powder, it should not be smooth.
- Heat oil in kadai, add the prepared masala, it will give out garlicky aroma in a min or so.
- Add cut mushrooms, mix the masala gently till all covered with it.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 mins, till mushrooms are cooked.
- Mushroom gives out water of its own, so once mushrooms are done, open the lid and let it evaporate till dish becomes dry.
Serve hot as you wish, It’s spicy taste goes quite well with chapatis or even curd rice, but it is best served as a SPICY starter or a Pizza toping.