Dudhi – Lauki Raita

Dudhi or Lauki is one of the “Not So Liked” Veggie, and I’ve no idea why? Infact this is one of the most versatile gourd. We can prepare Koftas which make instant restaurant styled, Dudhi Halwa is a lovely sweet and dudhi also goes as one of the most tasty fritters.

IMG_4706

And today I tried out this instant Raita. I dint know we could have this raw. I found this recipe in the Marwadi Cookbook by SK. Yes, I’m trying to complete One of my New Year resolution – to prepare atleast One dish from my cookbooks per month.

You Need:

  • Bottle gourd: 2cups – peeled and grated
  • Curd: 1/2cup
  • Red Dry Chillies: 3-4
  • Asafoetida: pinch
  • Mustard Seeds: 2tsp
  • Cumin Powder: 1tbsp
  • Red Chilli Powder: 1stp
  • Ghee for tadka
  • sugar to taste
  • salt to taste

IMG_4705

You Do:

  1. Mix the grated bottle gourd and curd. Add sugar and salt and mix thoroughly.
  2. Heat ghee and add the tempering stuff mentioned in BLUE.
  3. Once the spluttering is done, mix it with bottle gourd mix from step One.

IMG_4707

Done ! We took it along with our lunch box. It tastes quite good and gives a very different palate to Lauki.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)