Mahasrashtrain thali always calls for a salad – koshimbir. But the lazy that I am, this side dish has taken a back seat. I tend to prepare these only when I’ve family or friends visiting us. And whenever I prepare salads, I plan to prepare them regularly but sadly I always forget. I assembled this simple yet tasty raita on one such occasion, we loved it and yeah I’ve prepared this number of times from then.
I just had a leftover boiled potato in my refrigerator, and experimented this salad, it came out quite well.
You Need :
- Potato: 1 – boiled, peeled and cubed
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala : 1tsp
- Yogurt: 1/2 cup
- Cumin Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves - garnishing
- Mix everything in Red with some salt and keep aside.
- Beat the curd to make a thin paste, mix everything in Blue.
- Mix both step 2 and 1, together.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve as a side dish with Rice or Pulao. Would go well with rotis too.