I love Egg Omelette but I also love
Egg Omelette. Confused ?? :-/ So was I, when I got to know that one of my favourite Omelette is Eggless. I’m referring to the vegetarian omelette, which is most commonly known as Tomato Omelette. Tomato and Gram flour is the main ingredient of this pancake, with added flavours of your choice.
The Foodie refers this as Besan Chilla, quite common in Northern part of our country, but in the chilla you don’t add veggies like tomato/onion. But you can always refer this as Tomato besan chilla :P .
- Tomatoes: 3 large
- Onion: 1 Medium
- Gram flour (Besan): 4-5 tbsp
- Cumin powder: 2tsp
- Coriander powder: 2tsp
- Turmeric powder: ½tsp
- Red chilli powder: ½tsp
- Green Chillies: 2-3 medium
- Salt to taste
- Rice flour: 1tbsp (optional)
- Semolina flour: 1tbsp (optional)
- Coriander leaves: fistful
- Water if required
- Mix everything mentioned above in BLUE. Mince it through Food processor.
- Add water to give the required consistency to the batter.
- Take a ladleful of batter and spread it on non-stick pan similar to dosa or pancake.
- Use oil droplets if required so that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Cook from both sides till light golden.
Done ! Serve with ketchup. This goes well as a fast heavy breakfast, as batter preparation is Adhoc and single omelette is cooked within couple of minutes. So Enjoy B-)