Thursday, December 23, 2010

Live Farmville

Many of us do have Kitchen Garden, which had been inspiring me for very long time, to start somewhere on this front. So when I was browsing a wonderful Hyderabadi blog – Zaiqa, I had bookmarked this brilliant informative post on Pudinah. So I started with…

  • Keeping few strands of Mint branches in a container filled with water, I changed the water in couple of days, and with say couple of weeks they were like this -

blog1

  • Then I planted them in one of the plastic container and with more couple of weeks they look like this -

© Personal Tadka

I’ loving this satisfying experience, am just waiting to harvest these and use up in some chutney.Will let you all know, when I do it. :)

Will be trying to plant something new, and if it works obviously it will make an appearance on my blog :)

9 comments:

  1. Nice post Kanchan..sure I have to do this by putting in water first. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome clicks on pudhina..... hope its a nice idea to plat in our garden itself.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont know why never had good luck with growing mint...my plants always wither within a couple of days. great going...next try growing methi leaves...the easiest green to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kamchan
    Thats great!
    Quickly make a chutney out of it...I shall follow the recipe...or may be plant a leaf in each ice cube and keep it..in case Foodie and you would like to have a cocktail or mock-tail where few ice cubes will be floating with an embedded pudina leaf...or you can treat me to a drink when I land at your place someday ...

    I think I will also try to grow Pudina ...
    Merry Christmas Happy New year again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, looks superb. I had planted a small tiny thing in my garden and now it has spread real big.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute...will give it a try as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful herb garden..home grown herb are always fresh and handy too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)
Luv,
Kanchan

Blog Widget by LinkWithin