Green Peas Chutney
After the first comment on my last post, it was Déjà vu .. remember my first guess post- All answers were right ??
Yeah.. the first comment was Right answer – Sushma and then few comments later Shubha and then Priya too… hit the Bulls Eye !! Yups… it is Green Peas Chutney ! >:D< Loved to see all comments, were quite varied :) Thanks guys!!
Had this chutney in G’s dabba, I loved it – bookmarked it in my mind and nearly after three months thought of preparing it. I cooked it for a dinner as a side dish for parathas and asked The Foodie its main ingredient. What he knows of me, he guessed everything from seeds-peels-remains of vegetable but not as – one of the major vegetable in one of the most famous side-dish in Indian cuisine – Aloo Matar or Matar Paneer. 8-}
- Green Peas: 1 cup
- Green Chillies: 2-3 medium - minced
- Mint Leaves: small bunchful – optional
- Curry Leaves: 4-5 –optional
- Sugar to taste
- Ghee - tempering
- Cumin Seeds - tempering
- Lemon juice to taste
- Heat ghee in kadai – add cumin seeds, let it splutter.
- Follow with curry leaves, green chillies, once spluttering is done follow all other ingredients.
- Cook covered till peas are cooked well.
- Cool it and grind to paste.
Chutney is done :)
Mild peas aroma makes this chutney pleasing, can pass off as peas spread or give a thicker one as alight stuffing or serve with parathas.