Are you an Eggeterian ??
If so which is your favourite dish? If I’m to answer this, I would say – there is no favourite dish with egg but any dish with egg is my favourite … confused :-/
I think Burji was one of the initial dishes which I learnt to prepare.
There is no learning required – it goes as a basic cooking knowledge. But I never had it with Paav, in my first organization Burji Paav was the only non-vegetarian dish served, and from then I fell in love with this combination. :">
- Eggs: 5 in number
- Green chillies: 3-4 medium - sliced
- Onion : 1 large or 2 medium – finely chopped
- Cumin Seeds for tempering
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder: ½ tsp (optional)
- Oil for tempering
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in kadai, temper with cumin seeds and follow with green chillies.
- After spluttering is over, add onion. Sauté till golden.
- Till that time , beat eggs to make a smooth paste. Mix turmeric powder + red chilli powder and salt to this paste and beat again.
- Once onion seem half cooked add this beaten egg paste. Mix vigorously for couple of minutes. Look into it that the egg mix doesn’t stick to the base.
- Let it cook and stir in between. When the egg paste looks granular with no sticky instance in it – Burji is done !
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot buttered Paav. Butter the Paav and heat from both the sides on pan, till light brown. If you like Paav and Eggs individually you should like this combination.
Happy Cooking and Posting about it !! :-h