I’m quite a fussy eater and as a kid I was more fussier. But my Mom is a smart lady, she used to prepare my favourite item with my not so favourite vegetable and I used to love it. Cutlet is such an item, mix anything in it but the final outcome is always adorable.
Beet Koshimbir\Raita\Salad was common at my place, though I love this salad today then as a kid I used to dodge it. So Mom used to prepare these Beet Cutlets and me and my BRO loved this – Blood Coloured fritters.
- Beet: 2 medium – pressure cooked – grated
- Potato: ½ - boiled – mashed \ OR you can use bread slices too
- Coriander leaves : handful - minced
- Green Chillies: 2-3 medium – minced
- Cumin Powder: 1tsp
- Coriander Powder: 1tsp
- Flour (Maida) or Cornstarch or corn flour: 1tbsp
- Semolina flour: 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Oil to shallow fry
- Mix everything in BLUE.
- Make small balls and flatten them into cutlet shapes.
- Shallow fry till cooked from both sides.
Serve it with ketchup or just like that. Would love the soft insides with the crispiness in between.
Happy Cooking and Blogging about it :)