Desert to Savoury – Indianized Toast
Did you know…. French Toast was formerly a Desert, or for that matter it still might be a sweet dish in many parts of this world. And I got to know this nearly after two decades of my life when I was working at the other corner of the world. I was amused when a whole lot of sugar syrup was served with my favourite breakfast. I personally prepare our savoury style Toast and as that's how I’ve know
French Indian Toast for long. ;)
Yes, this is how we ADAPT a foreign recipe and Indianize it as our own !
- Eggs: 2
- Slice Bread: 4
- Green chillies: 2 medium – chopped finely
- Onion\ Spring Onion: 2 small – chopped finely
- Cheese: grated – qty as per taste
- Turmeric and Red Chilli powder: 1/2 tsp if required
- Salt to taste
- Beat both the eggs vigorously. Mix everything in BLUE.
- Dip the slice breads in the mix and shallow fry on a pan with butter. Light brown it from both sides.
Happy Cooking and Posting about it.