The Finish Off Sandwich
Most Saturday Mornings you will see Me and The Foodie assembling varied types of Sandwiches as our Brunch. The only stuffs go in for these sandwiches are – Fresh Bread + all the half vegetable remains from the week. Among these potatoes and boiled egg are the common ingredients and others are the left over or long time to be used up vegetables.
We had this boiled beetroot lying from the raita last week and so we prepared this Red stuffing Sandwich with Beetroot as its main component. You can change this main vegetable in accordance to your choice or the one you have. We have replaced this with Green Peas , Cabbage and Carrot till now , do tell me what else do you find suitable to go with this stuffing?? /:)
Mix up Vegetable Toast Sandwich
- Bread slices of your choice: about 6
- Butter – to apply as spread
- Mayonnaise – to apply as spread
- Cheese Slices or Grated Cheese
- Potatoes: One large or two medium – boiled, peeled and mashed
- Beetroot: One – boiled, peeled and mashed\grated
- Onion: 1 – finely chopped
- Egg: 1-2 boiled and mashed
- Green Chillies: 2-3 finely minced
- Chaat Masala: 2-3 tbsp
- Pepper: 1-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- It cannot get any simpler, Mix everything in BLUE.
- Apply butter and mayo on the bread slices then the stuff the stuffing.
- If you are using grated cheese then mix with the stuffing else use half a cheese slice for one sandwich.
- Toast\grill the sandwich as you like it.
We had this with spicy ketchup – loved this Quite filling Brunch!
Kitchen Property Stove Bread Toaster
I have this inherited Stove Toaster – yeah Moms mom had given it to her and me convincingly dhopofied stole from my Mom. :ar! I love this stove toaster better than the current electric one we have at Mom’s place – may be cos we can manually decide how crunchy or brown we want the slices to be – else the electric one directly tells up to change the slices in accordance with its time and heat.
This is my favourite sandwich maker till now!
So what’s up with the Toaster you all use??