My Mom used to prepare a simple wrap inspired from the Chinese Egg Frankie, and this goes to Divya’s Global Kadai: Indian flavored Burrito originally started by Cilantro.
We had these for our breakfast – quite tasty and totally stodgy.
- Chapatis or chapatti dough for 2
- Eggs: 2
- Green chillies: 2 – finely chopped
- Mix Vegetables: shredded I used – Cabbage, Capsicum, Onion
- Chinese Sauces of your choice: 1tbsp – I normally use Soya, Red chilli and Vinegar
- Milk: 2 tbsp
- Mayonnaise: 2 tbsp
- Ketchup of choice: 2tbsp
- Ghee\Butter: 1-2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves: for garnishing
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Roll out Chapatis\Phulkas out of chapatti dough OR Use readymade tortillas\ Chapatis. Heat griddle, Cook the Chapatis from both side.
- Beat the egg vigorously; add milk + salt + pepper + finely chopped chillies.
- Heat Oil in a pan, sauté all veggies for couple of minutes, Add salt + pepper + all the sauces. Sauté for few more minutes and turn of the flame.
- Heat pan – add ghee\butter; Pour Egg mixture- in about one minute when half done press the Chapatti over it
- Let the omlette stick properly to the chapatti; flip it and heat for half a minute. This completes our wrap.
Wrap it across the way you want and bite it while in a car (which is not advised) OR preferably bite it while you are half lying on your Bean bag and reading your favorite gossip in the newspaper ;)
Happy Cooking and Posting about it !