Raaga’s Dudhi Curry

The Foodie says that I am a Compulsive Planner – to extend that I plan when to plan for something. So obviously I do plan my weekly menu beforehand if not then atleast a day prior I know what I will cook the next morning. But there are such lousy mornings when I look into my pantry and then give a thought as to - What of those lying stuffs will look good in my lunch box. One such occasion was last day when I saw only couple of veggies – Bottle gourd and Potatoes. On a normal Day I prefer Potato but on not so normal day like yesterday I preferred Dudhi – Lauki.IMG_3625

Early seven in morning I logged on to my laptop and a TO DO icon popped up with upcoming events which I have been missing for some or the other reason. One of the events is hosted by Divya of Dil Se – Tried and Tasted originally started by Zlamushka and this month the apt selection was The Singing Chef. So I just clicked Search – Bottle Gourd. I received about 3-4 lovely recipes but I selected this one – “Bottle Gourd Curry in Milk” as this seemed perfect as TO GO in my Dabbas.

It’s quite easy to prepare as You Do:

  • Tempering: Heat Oil – Add Chana Dal + Urad Dal, followed by mustard + cumin seeds and asafetida. After spluttering add Curry Leaves + Split Green chilies.
  • Cooking: Add Bottle Gourd pieces + Salt + Turmeric Powder – cook for few minutes. Then add milk, cover and cook till gourd pieces are soft. Then add the roasted sesame seeds powder. Mix and cook for couple of minutes.

IMG_3624

It is one of the easiest recipes giving all the required different tastes to the normally bland bottle gourd. I liked the sesame and milk mix taste – quite unusual yet delicious in its own way.

Comments

  1. hey this looks good..nice click..complete meal..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect lunch box meal...Looks tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love to add sesame seeds in all my masalas....my maushi's style of cooking..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curry looks tasty Kanchan...nice combo with the rotis :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The curry has come out really well Kanchan. I am sure it would have tasted great with rotis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious dudhi curry..looks prefect with rotis..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dudhi curry sounds unusual but very nice ! Thanks for bringing to my eyes,never heard abt it :) And love the pictures,simply superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks delicious kanchan.. :) nice click..goes well with hot rice n pappad +pickle.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dudhi lauki..My friend introduced this to me and while I was pregnant I called her and got the recipe since I had a big craving for this :D But it is a spicier version..this looks great too

    ReplyDelete
  10. How i wish i had even half of your planning gene, i am the opposite, only at the last minute i scramble up trying to put things together :) Dudhi lauki looks so delicious.. its a veggie i have come to like with time.. looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so so yummy and with roti perfect meal.

    Pavithra
    www.dishesfrommykitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This lauki curry looks really good! I should try this too! Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)