Average Indian of my generation are brought up with an attraction of 2 Min treat. Yeah, guessed it right our very own Maggi Noodles! I guess for most of us this must be the first try in kitchen. From then to lazy dinners today, Maggi has been with us :D
Infact this Nestle brand also gave loads of other new products for our kitchen; from soups to spices to ketchups to PAZZTAS. So when Jyoti announced her Pasta event, I thought of giving the Maggi Pasta a try.And to go with the Masala Penne Pasta I prepared Sautéed vegetables Italian cum Indian style ;)
The preparation of this Maggi Pasta is very similar to the regular Maggi Noodles. These steps must be by-heart to my generation. For two packs of Maggi Pasta pack we do:
- Boil about 3 glasses of water.
- Add the Penne Pasta along with the Tastemaker – Spice along with the pack.
- Cover and cook on medium flame till pasta is cooked. About 5 Mins :)
Done !! I added green peas in Step 2, you can add other veggies in accordance with the taste.
Sauted Vegetables :
- Sliced Vegetables of your choice : about 2 cups : I used Carrot, Cabbage, French Beans, Capsicum and Cauliflower
- Green chilies: 2
- Virgin Olive Oil or Butter
- Oregano: 3-4 tbsp
- Red Chili Flakes: 3-4 tbsp
- Crushed Black Pepper: 2 tsp
- Grated Cheese
- Salt to taste
- Parboil vegetables like Cauliflower and French beans till they are a bit soft.
- Heat the oil or butter in the non-stick pan. Add green chilies.
- Once the splutter add all the veggies. Toss them in the butter.
- Mix Oregano, chili flakes, pepper along with salt.
- Cover and cook for couple of minutes.
- Once the vegetables seem cooked cover it with grated cheese and cover for couple of minutes.
Now I’m not sure if this is an authentic combination, but I love to have this Pasta and veggie combo, so this goes to Pari for her The Combo Event. She has surpassed her century in this blogging world and wish her many more of such centuries !
Happy Cooking and Blogging about it !