Pav Bhaji

As Long As I can remember Pav Bhaji has been and will always be my all time favorite. Every birthdays I recollect Pav Bhaji has to rule the menu. And I can proudly and quite comfortably say that This is the the ONLY dish which I can prepare at any time of day – year and it will always be a reliable perfect dish :PIMG_2824
Not only homemade Pav Bhaji but the typical Shiv Sagar one or even the street food ones are all time favorites … Its one of the consistent dish I always order @ any fast food counter. For non mumbaiyya people “This dish started out as simple poor people fast food it consists of mix veggies which are smashed in a typical masala and this veggie is served with paav (Bombay Bread).” But today its one of the most common Indian Fast food served all over India.IMG_2822
Till now its evident that I am very passionate about this dish, so while posting about it I hadIMG_2820 this mammoth emotional memories going into my mind and was confused as to which one to jot down but then I better jump to recipe else it would not have been a food blog post :P .Anyways following recipe is thanks to this on right and it gives you 4 to 5 servings…
I use Everest of this Badshah Bombay Pav Bhaji Masala, overall the recipe is same as mentioned below but they also ask you to add cloves and other ground masalas which I avoid as, if required add couple of more tsp of Pav Bhaji masala, its taste is suffice.
You Need:
  • Paav: quantity depends on the servings for one plate the normally 2 paavs are served
  • Cauliflower: 1 cup, finely chopped  IMG_2811
  • Carrots: 2 small or one medium, finely chopped
  • French Beans: 1/2 cup, finely chopped
  • Cabbage: 1 cup, finely chopped
  • Green Peas: 1/2 cup, boiled
  • Potatoes: 1 (or 2 medium) Boiled, Peeled
  • Butter: Loads :P
  • Asafetida: pinch IMG_2812
  • Ginger Garlic and Green chilies paste: 3 tbsp
  • Onion: 3 medium finely chopped
  • Capsicum: 1 or 2 finely chopped
  • Tomatoes: 3 grinded to paste
  • Pav Bhaji Masala: 3 tbsp or more
  • Red Chili powder: 1/2 tsp
  • Coriander powder: 1 tsp
  • Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
  • Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
  • Cumin seeds/powder: 1/2 tsp
  • Dry Mango powder (Amchur):1 tsp
  • Lemon Juice: of 2 or one and half lemons
  • Cheese (optional): for garnishing
  • Coriander Leaves: for garnishing
  • Salt to taste
You Do:
  1. Pressure Cook the items in Red from the You Need List with two whistles. Boil the frozen green peas till a bit soft. Keep aside.
  2. In a big kadai add 4 tbsp of butter, once it melts add the items in Blue to it. Once onion turns translucent pink add items in Purple. Simmer for 10 mins.
  3. Till this time mash the cooked veggies, I used food processor. P.S : In restaurants the chef uses the traditional masher its perfect to use if you know the technique as pav bhaji doesn’t taste the way required if mashing is not done appropriately so always mash it to perfection :D pav bhaji
  4. Now add the mixture of veggies, let it simmer of 8 mins then add mashed potatoes and boiled peas. Allow to cook for 10 mins. (If you find it on thicker side add a bit of water but to not liquefy it more).IMG_2818
  5. When done use lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.IMG_2825
  6. When the cooking is on with the help of big dollop of butter slice the paav rolls at the centre and place them facing inwards.Turn them around and make them golden brown from both sides.IMG_2819
Phew !! Done…. Mind you the hardwork is worthwhile, but to be frank don't get scared with the huge TO DO list above cos if you are ready with chopping the cooking time doesn't last for 20-30 mins max.IMG_2821 find something comedy in the above snap :P
Traditionally and authentically Pav Bhaji is served with the Pav and garnished with dollop of butter and sliced onion. Nowadays you also find the guilty cheese making its special appearance.IMG_2823
Now my Pav Bhaji makes its special appearances to the following Events :

Comments

  1. Waheyyy! Pav bhaji is one of my all time favourite dishes so I'm so glad you have posted pics so that I can drool over them! :D Great job! This just reminds me of how long it has been since I had pav bhaji... It's time to make it again soon I think so your recipe will definetely come in handy for me!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...yummy..yummy...yummy..is all i can say, kanchan!. Its one of my favourites too. I have been postponing making pav bhaji since two weeks..but I guess I need to make it very soon..liked your ingredients list with the color codes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. always a crowd pleaser! Your pau-bhaji looks wonderful.

    trupti
    the spice who loved me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Pav Bhaji looks yummy!! I loved the cheese topping on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried this....sounds great....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my family's all time favourite one..can have it anyday as its so yummy and spicy...urs look perfect and so delicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kanchan Pav bhaji is my favourite food .I love eating on the streets of Mumbai.My mouth is watering after seeing the pictures.Looks yummy!
    http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember you mentioning in your comment when I posted Pav- Bhaaji that you also make it very well. The bhaaji looks nice dear and like you I am also a fan of Badshah masala.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same pinch, i have posted pav bhaji with pav today...we just love this delicious dish..yumm urs make me hungry again..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same -Same.,.. :) I made it last nite tooo.. for dinner...
    I m getting hungry..seeing this....
    Will repost my pav bhaji for the events..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome clicks dear...the pav bajji makes me hungry now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. all time fav :-) Liked the pic description and the idea of that peekaboo pic :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Sanjana,
    Infact Pav Bhaji recipe is one the consistent ones, do try it out soon :)

    @SE(Denufood),
    When I started jotting the recipe down instead of putting down put all these ingredients now and the others later I found these color codes easiest way to put it down. Even I loved my idea ;)

    @Cardamom,
    Thanku :) Hope to see you often around.

    @chaklere,
    Guilty ME “me too loved the cheese” :(

    @Tina,
    Do try out its totally worthy and trust me all will love it!

    @Sushma,
    Thanks dear!

    @Padhu,
    Even I love eating it on streets, restaurants, home ..anywhere in the world :D

    @Pari,
    Cool yaar , you do remember my comment, infact me fan of badshah masala and the recipe mentioned behind it.

    @Priya,
    Thank you. Hope to see you often around :)

    @Sandhya,
    All the events just seemed to fit in easily with PAv bhaji… faaaassstt repost :D

    @Gita,
    Thanks dear.

    @Gulmohar,
    Ha ha ha… you got me in peekaboo pic :D
    I was thinking twice of putting that up but pav bhaji looked more delicious with me in background !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kanchan... I miss those good pav bhaji's here... they are terrible.. want to go back to India to enjoy the pleasure of eating the street side food... Thanks for sending it across for the event..

    ReplyDelete
  15. this has been our favorite friday dinner since marriage. Wonderful clicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it..can have it anytime..thanks for participating

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pav Bhaji is one of my favorites and yours have turned out perfectly, really reminded me of sukh sagar pav bhaji ! Awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think its a great idea to add cabbage..i dint,this sounds gud too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kanchan,

    First time here......
    Pav Bhaji looks excellent......
    Wonderul illustrated clicks dear.
    will give a try soon

    Check my space when u find time

    with luv,
    Aruna Manikandan
    http://ensamayalkuripugal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. kindly pick up the award from my blog dear

    Aruna Manikandan

    ReplyDelete
  21. kindly pick up the award from my blog dear

    Aruna Manikandan

    ReplyDelete
  22. @RV,
    :) you are most welcome !

    @Sh,
    Yeah.. for me it has been fav sunday lunch :D

    @EC,
    Thank you dear !

    @Usha,
    Sukh Sagar, shiv Sagar or Sai Sagar .. I guess its best in preparing the Pav Bhaji !

    @mrunchcrunchandsuch,
    :) I follow the recipe behind Badshah Masala they ask you to and it taste awesome.

    @Aruna Manikandan,
    Thanks a ton for the Award ! Hope to see you often around.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I appreciate for the wonderful presentation with step by step mouth watering pictures. Pav bhaji looks yummy and delicious. Its my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks so delicious. Will make it and let you know the results. lovely blog you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks perfect,Want to taste now itself

    ReplyDelete
  26. My all time fav dish looks perfect and good step by step...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey, Good evening.
    I like www.blogger.com because I learned a lot here. Now it's time for me to pay back.
    Why I post this guide on this of www.blogger.com is to help visitors solve the same problem.
    Please let me know if it is off topic here.
    This is the guide, wish it would help you.

    Broaden your knowledge about internet videos
    Internet video is any kind of movie or video that has been encoded to play over the Internet. It comes in many formats, some of the most popular being ASF, WMV, RM, RMVB, MOV, Divx.
    Many may well know that the Internet video is very small , but the quality is less than satisfying. The reason? Well, the video is among the most apace consuming digital media.
    The bigger and better the video, the larger the file size is. In order to shrink a broadcast-quality video ,down to just a few megabytes, sacrifices need to be made in the size and quality of the images.
    ASF, that is Advanced Streaming format, is a video format developed by Microsoft as a competitor to Real Player. Users can play the video with Windows Media Play. As it is compressed using MPED-4 arithmetic, the compressing rate and quality of the image are quite good. Since high-rate compression will facilitate the transmission of the video streaming, at the cost of degraded image quality, ASF can be less stable than VCD.
    RM, Real Media, an audio/video compression criterion established by Real Networks. Netizens can use RealOne Player or RealPlayer to relay network audio/video sources up to RealMedia technological criteria. An outstanding merit of RealMedia is its able to set different compressing ratios in accordance with the variable transmission rate of internet, so as to make come true real-time propagation and play of video data with relatively low-rate internet, that is to say enable users to watch videos on-line.
    As for the distinctions between RM and ASF, generally speaking, RM video is a bit more smooth, while ASF has its edge in definition.
    For all these formats merits and demerits mentioned above, there is another aspect to be concerned.
    A warning notice will pop up if you download these files and play them on your iPod, PSP or some other portable gadgets, incompatible files!
    The damned thing, er? Each coin has two sides, and technology is no exception. But there is always a way to work things out. What you have to do is convert those files into what your cute gadgets support. If u have got one iPod,and need some converting work , I suggest iPod Video Converter(, ) for Mac , which is a perfect audio and video conversion software for iPod at present to MAC USERS . It enables you converting all popular audio and video files , u can get it on /Audio-Multimedia/Rippers-Converter(, )s/ipod-video-converter-for-mac.html , for free, hope this can do u a favor


    Resource:
    [url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/dvd-video-to-ipod-suite-mac/]ipod video converter[/url]
    [url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/dvd-copy/]dvd cloner[/url]
    [url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/dvd-video-to-psp-suite/]dvd to psp converter[/url]
    [url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/flv-converter/]convert flv video[/url]
    [url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/dvd-video-to-zune-suite/]dvd to zune converter[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like your Blog. Thanks to Admin for Sharing this Cooking Idea. Addition to this here I am Contributing one more Similar Stories Cooking tips to prepare popular Mumbai Pav Bhaji recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)