Nooo … This Title is not inspired by any eKta Kapoor soap or Karan johar movie, it’s a street side dosa which we get here. Nothing unique about these dosas, just the presentation and the way it is served is total bombaiyya roadside istyle.
What to write about the recipe which must be one of the most written around in the food blog world? So nothing new to write here just need a mention about our most regular Brunch for Meeta’s Monthly Mingle Brunch.
- Dosa Batter: qty depends on how many dosas you wanna prepare
- Potatoes: 2-3 Medium sized Boiled, Peeled and Smashed
- Onion: 1 finely sliced
- Fenugreek Seeds: tempering
- Chana Dal: tempering
- Curry Leaves: 3-4 in no.
- Mustard Seeds: tempering
- Green chilies: 2-3 finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves: for garnishing
- Loads of Cheese
- Loads of Butter :P
- Salt to taste
- Oil for tempering stuffs
- One of the most commonly made potato sabzi, hence won’t get into many details still steps follow are, put all the tempering stuffs in the oil once its heated in kadai.
- Follow with curry leaves and green chilies, after spluttering is completed then mix the onions, turn them pink.
- Then mix the smashed potatoes and cover and let it cook till done.
- Now the process is quite similar to normal dosas, heat the dosa tawa and spread the ladleful of dosa batter evenly to make even medium size dosa (you can get loads of videos online for making dosas).Drizzle half tsp of oil around the dosa and cook on medium heat for half a minute.
- Spread some potato bhaji along with 1tbsp of butter. Press everything gently till everything is lightly mashed. Spread it all over the dosa. Then grate a small cube of cheese over it.
- Gently fold over and put some butter all around so that the side turns golden and crisp. Flip over and fry till the other side too turns golden and crisp. Cut into triangular pieces and serve hot with chutneys or ketchup