FACT : Me a SCORPION
And would this fact help me in deciding my Dinner ? Yeahh ... it did !
It so happened that when I read about Ashwini and Subshine mom's FCI Zodiac /Food in Color Event... within millisecond the Bechara single beetroot lying in my fridge peeped out saying - Atleast now prepare me I will give you your zodiac color dish :)
So within another miliseconds thoughts went on with various beetroot dishes that Mom used to prepare - first popped as beetachi koshimbir - second beet cutlet , but I went for the last one .. Beetroot Rice ! (It also answered my What For dinner Question !)
Me had tried this earlier with loads of varieties (like With Onion , Ginger garlic paste - wanted to avoid all these as Ganpati there @ our place )so today I tried the simplest recipe. It doesnt take more tham 20 mins to prepare this!
One Beetroot - Peeled and grated
Rice - One Measure - Soak it for about 10 minutes minimum
Water - Two measures - Boiled
Green Chilli - One
Curry Leaves - 3 to 4
Mustard Seeds - Tempering
Fenugreek Seeds - Tempering
Biryani Masala - 1/2 tsp (Or any garam masala will do)
Black/white Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Grated Coconut - For Garnishing
Salt to taste
1. Heat Oil in Kadhai / Rice Pan, the put the tempering stuffs along with green chilli and curry leaves.
2. Put the grated beetroot and saute of couple of minutes.
3. Mix the soaked Rice along with the masalas and salt.
4. Pour the bolied water and let it cook with cover for 10-15 minutes till the rice is done.
5. Once done garnish with coconut/ coriander leaves.
It can be had as simple rice with veggies or We had it with papad and curd and still it tasted cool !