Pudina Chutney

When I started cooking of my own, I got to know that I have this distinct kitchen behavior. I just get irritated if I have to waste anything or if I’ve to re-prepare something within a week. May be these are the qualities of amateur cook as I have no idea if the quantity is apt till the time half a bowl of sabzi/dal is pending or chapatis still there and no sabzi.

I am just trying out recipes that can be re-used with any other dishes - the most common being Green chutney. It can go with anything and everything like - paratha n chutney, cutlet n chutney, sandwich with chutney, dry vegetable with chutney, dosa and chutney etc.
If I make chutney I just prefer keeping it in freezer and reusing in a week anytime!!

Preparation time of any dish matters a lot as I just start feeling I'm spending too much of time in kitchen if it goes beyond 20 mins max ! ( I started out with 2 mins - thanks to Maggi :D ).
So this green chutney took me not more than ten minutes.

You Need:

Pudina leaves: ½ cup (Mint leaves)
Coriander leaves: 1 cup
Garlic: 2-3 cloves
Ginger: ½ to 1 inch
Green Chilies: 3-4 (increase – decrease in accordance with the spiciness )
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Coconut: ¼ cup (optional-if planning to store for days–avoid it)

You Do:

1. Mix everything and Grind it.
2. Put water is required.

Darkness of Green depends of Coriander proportions, if coconut is added then chutney turns light green.

Comments